Friday, June 28, 2013







I  have played on P.C.on X-Box 360,  Wii and our PlayStation 3. I dig it when it's well done. By well done I mean produced like a movie with a twist, I am in that movie. Being in a movie is great when you can lose yourself in the movie but find yourself standing there when no one taking pictures.
             Time to time i'll give a review of the games i have been able to stand for more than five minutes.
                      I prefer role playing action oriented games that are story driven. A Game should be better than a movie for me to spend so much time in the world it portrays. I get bored pretty easily and  I HATE games I can't jump in!
    New game production is as complex as making a motion picture is!  Games now commonly "Star" well known Hollywood actors, as well as professional voice actors. 
                 To me The new game in town is not just watching .....movies any more, it's X-box, it's P.C. playing Tennis on the Wii! Playstation somehow always seemed a little smoother.
                Well produced games such as Heavy Rain, Alan Wake, L.A.Nior, as well as Skyrim, Assassin's Creed involve as much dramatic direction and production as the graphics and game-play do. Of course one reason Games have become more and more cinematic is because of games made about movies and T.V. Shows became very popular and as they grew in popularity the gaming industry developed more and more sophisticated ways to portray that particular shows universe graphically and realistically.
      One of the most important things game creators should consider is the players ability to SEE
where they are going and what they are doing. Too many times it's too dark  and they use that and add fog  then give you a time limit to find a way out down a treacherous hill (Assassin's Creed 3 Does this a few times) in other words --- We  couldn't think of anything better to do so here ya go?!
        All relevant statistics and information should be visible and close at hand. If you have to stop game-play to re-arm or change weapons or find out how many bullets or lives you have left it's a fail.Another important thing they need to keep in mind is that a player needs to have everything explained in a simple understandable "do-able" manner. If you are going to be looking for the treasure chest, but you are also expected to rescue the hostages first, it should be explained BEFORE you are actually playing !
          A great way game designers ruin the fun of a great role playing game is to add  time trials every other scenario. Don't get me wrong some people love beating the clock and if it is relevant to the story it can be really exciting . If beating the clock is just thrown in because they couldn't think of anything else to do it becomes incredibly annoying. One of the reason people play games is to escape the clock not be ruled by it even more, so PLEASE stop with the Stop-watch!! You must also consider the actual use of controllers. Pressing X and Y while toggling L back and forth and pressing the trigger button all at once is great if you have eight fuckin fingers and do hand yoga on a regular basis, otherwise keep it simple I can barely tie my shoes with two hands!
          There are some things everyone asks themselves when playing a role playing game. Is the Gameplay and action so good you can forget about the stupid story? (Tomb Raider?)
Or.. Is the story so good you can forget about the stupid Gameplay.  (As in Final Fantasy 7)  Also, Games are constantly changing and graphics are getting consistently better.  Every new game should keep this in mind, not to say that old games suck but hey unless it's supposed to be an artistic touch or something I expect graphics to be at least able to look like what they are supposed to be representing. I don't expect to have to stomp boxes, like in an old game from 1999 to get health or points an a modern epic space saga like 'Deadspace 3'. If you are going to make me open a lock please make it a challenge, make it a skill and not blind luck.
          Thief had a pretty nifty, if frustrating at times, Lock and Key, Skyrim was ok , 'Assassin's Creed 3' seems clumsy at times. Dishonored was great.
                             I hope the following stops-- Arriving home after a long day you plug in your game, but you can't play it til you add this code or buy the add on! Never make the person who just spent money they could be buying Ice Cream with now have to upload some special part of the story or armor, or multiplayer settings,  then to add insult to injury , make them pay for it!    Yeah 
                         I have a particular preference to each game and my gameplay philosophy is:
 If it takes over an hour in any one place doing the same thing over and over again and fun has ceased ?  It's time to read a walkthrough, or use a cheat. I don't have all day to play these, and I could, but I can't so I won't ! But I will if I can! I want to have fun, I want to be engaged and would rather have the first game not in -- EasyMode--, but in --Normal Mode--.  I'm Playing- Assassins Creed Three- right now .  It took me a few tries to get here after playing the Kick Ass RPG- DISHONORED- I'll tell about my journey through great suggestions from an employee to ........don't buy these games yet !  In my next Observation I might mention Ovaries and get some  perspective. If you play games then please be reflective. Write me back!
be you X-box  Girl, or Playstation Dude ,
Or Wii Oui We
have all Played Halo in the Nude.
Playin Peace!
 Write me Back!
;P

Thanks for the tumblr_lo3ffpobmt1qko4x4o1_400.gif :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate