Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Under Moon on a Hill



I think you forgot your wedding ring

by the bedside alarm right

next to my pills.

I was lying there being attacked by

your baby brothers son

when Captain James T. Kirk jumped over my shoulder, I noticed that picture

above our bed. It reaches over both sides, has a long frame , reaches over both sides.

Lavender Paper,fancy cursive letters,

majestic blue words silent in shadows

til the picture at the end!

Jack the Pumpkin King and Sally

under the full Moon

on top of a swirling hill in the cemetery staring into each others eyes.

While the monster was persistently trying to climb over my right arm and escape the bed, reached down and accidentally touched the pillow I coincidentally flung into cat litter across the room.

I jolted my arm upward and avoided the Monsters arm and smacked my self

Accidentally in the face.

There was that Picture again

I remembered

sitting in our old house in front of the piano,

Dave Rose and you were hunched over some project or assignment

you were scheming like Nazis in Matzo factory!

Except it was for good.

I mean after those words were said

you and I would be married!

(and to think ...what a coincidence!

Now all we have left to eat IS Matzo?!)

I looked up and you both smiled and came through the french doors

thinking all this is worth it.

I always thought it was really funny that he married both of us

not that he Married us to each other,

but I have heard him referred to at Parties as

The man that Married Rodger!

I get an endless kick out of that shit!

It's worth joking that he's married you too,

because he did and he's already married!!

I Know Right?!




But you are my Sally

and my Head may Be Really Big Pumpkin

but it's yours.

I don't mind if we lose

Lock Shock and Barrel

We can tie Santa Clause up ourselves!

(Have you seen our Facebook pics on X-mas Campfire?)

or each other.




I know I am a weirdo

I understand

No ONE gets my hatred of Flip Flops like

YOU!

Hence you may wear them...




I know you know

I can cut somebody without even realizing it

make them suffer in front of everyone watching..

only me to myself and only while I'm shaving.

that kind of balances it out.




I have a Big Butt

I get defensive in response to compliments..




"Hey Rodge That jacket Looks Better than the other one!"




"What are you trying to imply?! that I do NOT look good in that other jacket when i wear it on Moonlit nights in Austin?!"




yeah I'm sorry I should do the dishes again

but my best friends leaving town Tomorrow

as I was riding home I happened to think

of those boxes at my Moms place you helped me send .

I remember that fruit tree that's not in that picture,

I remember your crazy blushing face in a night that glowed for me so much already.




I remember you being proud




When I pooped in a Bush on Mt Bonnell

(like no one ,ever has before!)

I wasn't riding my bike down that Scary Ass Hill

having to fight it!




When we finally

were at the Bottom of it.

You hung out on the dock among the Trees

by the Pond full of leaves

down the trail

past the peacocks

in Mayfield Park.




You told me to shut up and go away..

----always a precursor to

I love you

Marry me ok?







Couldn't rent Mayfield Park , or go to a Cemetery

but there were some dead pets buried in our old back yard

and the only Oogie

that showed up at our wedding was

the Boogie ,Ooogie, Woogie!

I stood on a Spiraling hill

Under the moonlight

looking in your eyes..




Hey the ring isn't here

it's just your keys...




I'll try to do those dishes please




before you get home




I hear the words now..




come to sleep with me .

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate